Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wk. 9 EOC: Letters of Permission


The four types of letters I chose are:
1.     1. Photo release
2.     2. Model release
3.     3. Copyright release
4.     4. Music release

I chose these types of letters because they are relative to my field of study and I will be able to use them again in the future. They are relevant in that I am now given permission, by the person I am photographing, to use the picture I take without fear of a lawsuit. I chose the model release because I am now able to photograph the person with their permission and can do as I please with the photos I take. The copyright release give the person who is in the photos a way to use the photos for themselves and not be hassled about who gave them the photos. I chose the music release so that if I decide to put music on my website, I will have the artist permission and cannot be sued over the use of the music.

This issue is relevant to me because I don’t want to be sued for using the work I have created without the permission of the other people involved. I like to know what my limits are and don’t wish to cause harm to other people by not taking every possible step to ensure their safety as well as my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment